WHAT A ENGINEER WILL BE ABLE TO DO
Technical drawing and measuring
- Generate working drawings in ISO standard together with any written instructions.
- Apply standards for conventional dimensioning and tolerancing and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing appropriate to the ISO standard.
- Insert written information such as explanation balloons and parts lists with more than one column using annotation styles that meet ISO standards.
- Create 2D detail technical drawings.
- Create exploded isometric views.
Reverse engineering of physical models
- Materials and processes for obtaining unprocessed work pieces.
- The process to transfer a real object to a 3D image and then to a technical drawing.
- Determine dimensions on physical parts by using industry accepted instruments.
- Create freehand sketches.
- Use measuring instruments to produce accurate replicas.
- Assesses project needs, oversees or conducts engineering design and plant or system.
performance review, reviews engineering documents, and provides guidance to management on project requirements.
- Identifies the problem or opportunity through the collection and analysis of data.
- Determines the specifications for the solution and develops conceptual design for new facilities, collaborates with others to reach consensus, and issues engineering documents to initiate design and construction.
- Reviews, evaluates and implements new technologies that support best practices in areas that include, but are not limited to work management, outage restoration, and the planning and scheduling of work.
- Uses logical thought processes to analyse information and draw conclusions.
- Identifies inconsistent or missing information.
- Critically reviews, analyses, synthesises, compares and interprets information.
- Tests possible hypotheses to ensure the problem is correctly diagnosed and the best solution.
- is found Is able to read and interpret Process and Instrumentation Drawings.
- Is able to prepare, read and interpret blue prints and one line diagrams.
- Uses drafting instruments, engineering and mathematical references and tables, charts, computer equipment, accepted documentation processes required to perform professional engineering studies, calculations, analysis, estimates, etc.
- Maintains accurate filing and records system for projects from initiation to project close out.
- Conducts preliminary engineering studies.
- Operates various computer aided engineering design, analysis programs and tools.
- Understands, applies and maintains compliance with regulatory and industry standards.